The Reading Project
1STC har nylig avsluttet et leseprosjet i engelsk som har gått over hele fire uker.
Lærer Elena Fedotova er svært fornøyd med sine elever og deres innsats, og beskriver her prosjektet som tilslutt resulterte i en litterær cafe med diskusjoner samt premiering i mange kategorier. Beste personbeskrivelse og språk ble premiert, men også beste evne til å framføre for publikum med humor og engasjement.
The Reading Project.
1STC students have been involved in the Reading Project of their own choice weeks 42-45.
They were free to choose a novel from a list of approx. 40 books that received literary awards and endured popularity with the readers. They followed their hearts and personal interests, except for one condition: the book was to be set in an English-speaking country and tell a good story about social conditions, people’s values, political issues or debate, and to be relevant to our studies.
They also watched a film and compared it with the novel, reflecting on the effect of alterations.
After reading the novel, the students analysed it and presented their findings in class at a meeting of Literary Cafe.
Bravo for 1STC and congratulations on the great effort they took reading and discussing books.
1STC The Reading Project Winners
- Abdulkader: the best interpretation of the theme – greed and violence- in the novel «The Pearl».
- Audun: the best character description in the novel «Trash» – a trash boy with a style, dignity and pride.
- Dennis: the best symbol interpretation – the fence- in the novel «A Boy in Striped Pyjamas».
- Ole Marcus: award for the best description of the setting and creating a memorable Italian atmosphere – Bongiorno, Parma, arrivederci - in the novel «Playing for Pizza».
- Lars: the best imagery of labyrinth and fantastic beasts in the novel «The Maze Runner».
- Nicolai: best award for engaging the audience and the novel «The Martian».
- Erik: best award for admirable contact with the audience, warmth and humour.
- Frida: the First Prize for “the Bluest Eye”.
- Nora L.: The Second Prize for “the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas”.
- Nora B.: The Second Prize for “the Animal Farm”.
- Henrik: The Third Prize for “the Road”.
- Sivert: The Third Prize for “the Perks of Being a Wallflower”.
- Alexandra: The Third Prize for “Never Let Me Go”.