International Baccaleaureate Diploma Programme (IB)
The IB Programme at Sandefjord High School prepares students for the internationally acknowledged IB exams.
Would you like a good foundation for studying at home or abroad?
The IB Programme at Sandefjord High School prepares students for the internationally acknowledged IB exams. With the IB Diploma you will have access to universities all over the world. The IB programme has all courses taught in English which is an exciting and challenging alternative to the regular Norwegian academic diploma.
What do you need to know about the IB?
- It is a programme for the last two years of High School/Upper secondary school.
- Good grades are important to get in, but also important is a willingness to challenge yourself.
- Good knowledge of English is essential.
- All books, course materials, and exams are in English (except for the Norwegian, German and French studies).
- Students can obtain extra help from their subject teachers through the ”tutor programme ”
- Students learn study techniques that prepare them well for university studies.
- In addition to academic subjects students are required to participate in the CAS programme (Community, Action, Service)
- The course is free but there is an exam fee to the IBO of NKR 7000 per school year.
IB Application Form
Head of Department:
Siân Stickler. Telefon: 33 48 86 92 E-mail: sians(at)vfk.no