Det internasjonale mennesket
IB-elever i hele verden får et felles grunnlag for menneskelig toleranse og internasjonal forståelse
- Sandefjord videregående skole er en av 4.600 skoler fra hele verden som er tilsluttet “International Baccalaureate Organization"
- Sandefjord videregående skole har vært med siden 1992.
- Det er 25 skoler i Norge som tilbyr IB som Diploma Program (IBDP)
- Diploma-programmet er toårig, og går over de to siste årene av videregående.
- Undervisningsspråket er på engelsk.
- Du må ha 1.året (Vg1), studieforberedende eller tilsvarende fra utlandet.
- Vi tilbyr også en førsteklasse (Pre-IB) der deler av undervisningen er på engelsk.
Why choose The International Baccalaureate programme?
- The IB programme spans over two years so that you can understand your chosen subjects well.
- On completing the Diploma, you are qualified for colleges and universities in Norway and in almost all other countries in the world. (Generell studiekompetanse eller spesiell studiekompetanse.) https://www.ibo.org/university-admission/benefits-to-universities-and-colleges-of-accepting-ib-students/
- English is the language of instruction. All textbooks are written in English and all assignments and exams are in English, other than your Norwegian or foreign language books or exams.
- This use of the English Language gives you an advantage regarding further study and later work, since most studies at universities and future positions at work, demand a high competence of language proficiency. This is not only regarding the use of English, but also terminology and expressions linked to specific subjects.
- All subjects contain component elements of independent project work which contribute to their final assessment. These are called Internal Assessments (IA’s) and must be completed during the two years of study.
Investigation is at the core of the IA’s which allows for the gradual development of a research-based approach to learning.
- There are exams in all subjects during May in the second year of study. https://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/assessment-and-exams/
- The IBDP programme prepares you for higher education by having focus on:
- work and progression reflection,
- assignments that demand individual focus,
- training in research work for an extended piece of independent writing known as the Extended Essay.
- understanding the importance of a sharing student community and time management.
Hovedmål for IB Diploma Program
- Å forberede elevene fram mot høyere utdanning.
- Å utvikle en kritisk og spørrende holdning til fagene.
- Å benytte arbeidsoppgaver og arbeidsmåter som elevene vil møte ved høyskoler og universitet.
- Å utvikle en forståelse for egen identitet og kultur, sett i globalt perspektiv.
- Å utvikle en evne til å forstå og kommunisere med mennesker fra andre land og kulturer.
- Elevens ansvar i forhold til seg selv og samfunnet kommer i fokus når elevene jobber med CAS (Creativity, activity and service).
Pre-IB at SVGS
Søk IB på SVGS
How to apply to the International Baccalaureate at SVGS
- Applications for the IB-programme must be submitted to Inntakskontoret for Vestfold Fylkeskommune by March 1st via https://www.vigo.no/vigo/servlet/vigo
ALL students have to formally apply through vigo.no every year since the general national rules apply also for IB-Students.
- In addition, the internal school application if you are applying from abroad can be found here http://www.vfk.no/doc/styrendedokumenter/Application_form_IB.pdf
- Students not applying through the county “Vigo” application system or from abroad must submit the following application with the paperwork that supports the application.
- Information about the IB diploma programme can be found following this link https://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/curriculum/
- When applying to start the Diploma programme itself in the second year of secondary education, a “Subject choice form” must be completed and handed in to the IB coordinator at SVGS (Siân Stickler: sians(at)vfk.no ) by March 1st.
This can be submitted both digitally or in paper format. https://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/who-is-the-diploma-for/
- Grades must be delivered electronically if the student is not attending SVGS.
- All student rights, such as loans and scholarships, apply for the IBDP-students
- Transfer students (EF academy) must have subjects offered at SVGS so that there are teachers able to follow the students further.
- Net-based courses (Pamoja) are not currently offered at our school.
- The county authorities cover all lesson material, along with tuition and teaching. However, there is a Kr14,000 fee concerning exam expenses that is spread across the four semesters amounting to 3,500 Norwegian crowns each semester during the IB diploma years 2IB and 3IB.
School admission policy
- You are a Norwegian citizen or have a permanent residence permit and have a registered address in Vestfold before March 1st the year you apply.
Admission is also dependent on:
- Students must have passed the first year of:
- the Norwegian upper secondary school, general studies course (Studieforberedende)
- Music, Dance and Drama or
- Sport or
- Art with general studies.
- IB middle years programme (MYP5).
- or The equivalent to any of the above from an international school.
- Students who have had “programfag” during their first year must complete and pass Geografi and samfunnsfag. To do this they need to take “privatisteksamen” in these subjects before the end of their first year in the DP programme.
- A level of English to take them through the programme.
- A level of mathematics necessary to start the mathematics courses in the programme.
Admission is open to students who demonstrate the ability to benefit from the challenging curriculum and programme of the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The IB requires motivation, effort, efficient time management and perseverance to complete with good results.
Students with an average of between 3,7- 4,0 can be considered a qualified applicant but this depends on:
- A recommendation from the form teacher from VG1
- An interview with the IB-coordinator.
- The student must have less than 10% absence from subjects following the National rules.
- The student must have participated and handed in assignments performed during their 2IB year.
- If the grade during the second term of the first year following the IB-programme is either 1 or 2, then both coordinator, form teacher and subject teachers will discuss with the students whether the last year of the IB-programme is possible to complete.
Valg av fag
Du velger fag fra hver av de seks faggruppene, tre på higher level og tre på standard level.
|1 - Language A
2 - Language B
|Norwegian, English, French, German, Spanish
|Higher and Standard Level|
|French, German, Spanish|
|3 - Individuals and societies||Economics|
|Environmental systems and societies||Standard Level|
|4 - Experimental sciences||Biology||Standard Level
|Environmental systems and societies||Standard Level|
|5 - Mathematics||Applications and Interpretations||
|Analysis and Approaches||
|6 - Electives||A second subject from groups 1, 2, 3 or 4|
- Theory of knowledge (TOK). Lese faget TOK, som undersøker sammenhenger mellom fagene og oppmuntrer til kritisk tenkning.
- The Extended essay . Et essay på 4000 ord fra et selvvalgt, obligatorisk fordypningsarbeid innenfor et av fagene.
- Creativity, Action and Service activities (CAS). Et utenomfaglig program hvor du er med i en sosial og utadrettet aktivitet.
Mer informasjon om IB
Retningslinjer for IB-elever
Er det noe du lurer på? Ta kontakt med
Avdelingsleder Siân Stickler. Telefon: 33 48 86 92 E-post: sians(at)vfk.no